If you’re looking for an effective way to train your cavapoo to let you know when they need to go outside, these bells may be the solution you need.
Dog potty training bells are designed to be hung on a door or wall and are rung by your dog to let you know they need to go outside.
They’re perfect for puppies and adult dogs alike, and can help prevent accidents in the house.
They provide a non-verbal, effective way of communication, eliminating guesswork and resulting in less household accidents.
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best dog potty training bells on the market to help you find the perfect one for your pup.
- Best Dog Potty Training Bells
- Buying Guide
- Steps to Teach a Dog to Use Training Bells
Best Dog Potty Training Bells
- BLUETREE 2 Pack Upgraded Dog Doorbells (Best Overall)
- Luckyiren Upgraded Puppy Bells
- FOLKSMATE Dog Doorbells
- Pet Heroic Dog DoorBells (Best For Puppies)
- Mighty Paw Smart Bell 2.0 Dog Doorbells (Best Electronic)
BLUETREE 2 Pack Upgraded Dog Doorbells
The BLUETREE Upgraded Dog Doorbells are a premium set designed for durability and effectiveness.
These dog potty training bells offer a clear ringing sound that’s easily heard, serving as a reliable potty signal from your cavapoo.
With thousands of satisfied customers, these bells are a proven and effective way to communicate with your pet.
- Strong, durable construction
- Clear, loud bell sound
- Adjustable length to fit any size dog or door height
- May take longer to train some dogs
- Design may not fit all door handles
This upgraded set of dog potty training bells from BLUETREE is designed for resilience.
The bells and fabric are built to withstand even enthusiastic dogs who might pull and chew.
The clear, loud ringing sound can be heard across several rooms, ensuring you’ll never miss your pet’s signal.
Using these bells can aid in establishing a consistent routine, helping your pet and making life easier for dog owners.
Luckyiren Upgraded Puppy Bells
If you’re looking for an affordable and high-quality dog potty training bell, Luckyiren Upgraded Puppy Bells Dog Doorbells is a great choice.
- The bell is made of premium quality material and is very durable.
- It has 3 snaps/buttons for longer range of length adjustment.
- It’s very easy to use and convenient.
- Some customers might find the bells too loud.
- The belt might be too long for some handles.
If you’re looking for affordable and high-quality dog potty training bells, Luckyiren Upgraded Puppy Bells Dog Doorbells is definitely worth considering.
The bell is made of premium quality material and is very durable.
It’s also very easy to use and convenient.
The FOLKSMATE Dog Doorbells offer a simple and efficient solution for potty training your dog.
With their adjustable length, they cater to dogs of different sizes and heights.
- The bells are extra loud, making it easy to hear them from anywhere in the house.
- The adjustable length allows you to customize the height to your dog’s size.
- The bells are made from durable and chew-resistant material, ensuring they last a long time.
- Some dogs may not take to the loud bells right away and may need more training.
- Some people reported that the bells were chewed off by their dogs
The FOLKSMATE Dog Doorbells are a great way to train your dog to let you know when they need to go outside.
The dog potty training bells are nice and loud, making it easy to hear them from anywhere in the house.
The adjustable length allows you to customize the height to your dog’s size, ensuring they can reach the bells without any difficulty.
The bells are also made from durable and chew-resistant material, ensuring they last a long time.
I believe that the FOLKSMATE Dog Doorbells is a great investment for anyone looking to train their dog to let them know when they need to go outside.
The bells are durable, adjustable, and extra loud, making them a great choice for any dog owner.
Pet Heroic Dog Door Bells
If you’re looking for a stylish and effective way to potty train your dog, Pet Heroic Dog DoorBells are a great choice.
- The bells are loud and crisp, making it easy to hear from several rooms away.
- The doorbell is adjustable and can be easily customized to fit your pet’s size.
- The package includes a 6-step formula that guides you on how to become a good trainer.
- The snaps may not stay secured, so you may have to use a rubber band to keep it from sliding off the door knob.
- The length of the doorbell may be too long for some people’s liking.
Pet Heroic Dog DoorBells are made of sturdy strap and blend of metals that is both fashionable and incredibly durable.
These dog potty training bells can be hung on the door handle, door knob, or wall hook at a height that’s easy for your dog to reach.
The 5 creative patterns of stylish fabric make it fashionable and pleasing to the eye.
Pet Heroic Dog DoorBells are a great investment for pet owners who want to speed up their housebreaking and house training.
With its loud and crisp bells, adjustable features, and easy-to-follow guide, this doorbell is a good helper to train pets of all ages.
Mighty Paw Smart Bell 2.0 Dog Doorbells
The Mighty Paw Smart Bell 2.0 Dog Doorbell is an innovative product that takes the traditional bell training method to the next level with its electronic design.
It is a reliable way for our furry friends to signal when they need to go outside.
This electronic dog potty training bells are activated with just .75 pounds of pressure, making it easy for even the smallest dog breeds to use.
- Has an electronic design so no visible bells
- Easy to use by your dog touching it with either a paw or their nose
- Durable design
- More expensive than traditional bells
- The product requires batteries
The Mighty Paw Smart Bell 2.0 is an effective and easy-to-use electronic dog doorbell that is ideal for pet owners with small dogs or puppies.
Its electronic design makes it easy for even the smallest dogs to activate, and its wireless design allows for easy placement anywhere in your home.
While it is more expensive than traditional bells and requires batteries, its durability and effectiveness make it a worthwhile investment for pet owners looking to potty train their dogs.
The Mighty Paw Smart Bell 2.0 is a great choice for pet owners looking for reliable and easy-to-use dog potty training bells.
When it comes to buying dog potty training bells, there are a few things to consider to ensure you get the best product for your cavapoo.
The material of the bell is important as it affects the durability and sound quality.
Bells made of metal or brass tend to be the most durable and produce a clear and loud sound.
Bells made of plastic or rubber are lightweight but may not produce as clear a sound.
The design of the dog potty training bells should be simple and easy for your dog to use.
Make sure the bell is at a height that your dog can easily reach and that the mechanism for ringing the bell is easy for them to use.
The size of the bell should be appropriate for your cavapoo’s size.
For smaller dogs, a smaller bell with a higher pitch may be more suitable, while larger dogs may require a larger bell with a lower pitch.
Different dog potty training bells may come with different training methods.
Some may require you to train your dog to ring the bell with their paw, while others may require you to teach them to nudge the bell with their nose.
Choose a training method that is suitable for your dog’s abilities and personality.
Steps to Teach a Dog to Use Training Bells
- Acquire the Right Equipment: Purchase a set of dog potty training bells that can be hung on your door. Make sure the bells are at a height that is easily reachable by your dog.
- Introduce the Bells: Once you’ve hung the bells on the door, let your dog explore them. They may sniff, paw, or nudge the bells. Praise and reward them with treats when they interact with the bells, which will help establish a positive association with the bells.
- Pair the Bells with a Command: Choose a command such as “bell” or “touch”. Use this command while gently tapping your dog’s paw onto the bells. Once they make contact, praise them and provide a treat. Repeat this until they start hitting the bells on the command.
- Associate the Bells with Going Outside: Start using the command when you are about to take your dog outside. Say the command, prompt them to touch the bells, then immediately open the door and let them out. This will create an association between ringing the bell and going outside.
- Practice with Bathroom Breaks: Start integrating the dog potty training bells into your dog’s regular bathroom routine. Before bathroom breaks, guide your dog to the bells, repeat the command, and reward them for touching the bells. Then take them outside.
- Gradually Fade Your Involvement: Over time, wait for your dog to ring the bell on their own before opening the door. This might require some patience. Initially, they may not ring the bell loud enough or may not do it at all. You might need to encourage them by pointing to the bells, repeating the command, or using treats.
- Respond Promptly: When your dog rings the bell, respond immediately by taking them outside. This immediate response reinforces the association of ringing the bell and going outside.
- Troubleshoot Misuse: If your dog starts to ring the dog potty training bells too frequently (just to go outside and play, for example), you’ll need to adjust the training slightly. Start reinforcing that bell ringing leads to a bathroom break, not playtime. Do this by taking your dog out on a leash and making the trips all-business – no play or walks, just bathroom breaks and then straight back inside.
- Stay Consistent and Patient: Consistency is key in dog training. Keep practicing and reinforcing this behavior until your dog consistently uses the bells to signal their need to go outside.
Remember, each dog is unique and the learning speed may vary. Stay patient and persistent, and soon enough, your cavapoo will be using their training bells like a pro!
Should I potty train my dog with a bell?
Dog potty training bells are a great way to train your dog to let you know when they need to go outside. The bells going off will immediately tell you that they need to go potty. So, it is well worth your time and effort to bell train your dog or puppy.
How old should a puppy be to bell train?
You can start bell training your puppy as early as 8 weeks old. Puppies are quick learners, and they can easily associate the sound of the bell with going outside to potty. However, keep in mind that puppies have a small bladder and may need to go outside frequently, so be patient and consistent with your training.
What is the purpose of a dog bell for the door?
The purpose of dog potty training bells for the door is to train your dog to signal you when they need to go outside to potty. By ringing the bell, your dog can communicate with you that they need to go outside, instead of barking or scratching at the door. This can help prevent accidents inside the house and strengthen the bond between you and your dog.
How difficult is it to potty train a dog using bells?
Bell training your dog for potty is not difficult, but it requires consistency and patience. You need to establish a routine and take your dog outside frequently, especially after meals, naps, and playtime. When your dog rings the bell, praise them and take them outside immediately. It may take a few weeks or even months for your dog to fully understand the concept, but with consistent training, your dog will learn to ring the bell when they need to go outside.